Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hanging Out With Dick, Charlie & Terry

Today I pulled a bunch of new articles to put on the site, and then I headed over to Coney to see what was going on. On the way there I took some good video of the trip in to the Stillwell Avenue stop.

I ran into Charlie Denson again and we talked for a while about the lighthouse and researching Coney. Then I headed up to the Museum and properly introduced myself to Dick Zigun, since he had known my as the bouncer from the party at Southpaw. We talked about his past work and the Museum, and the lighthouse, and he asked me to speak at the Museum about our family growing up at the light, which I agreed to. So that should be awesome, although I have to set up the event with them.

For a late lunch, of course - Nathan's.

Later on I headed over to the Child's building and checked out where Diana's new roller-rink will be. That's where I met Terry, who I spoke with for a long while about the neighborhood and everything that's going on. That is, until we both started to freeze, when it was time to go!

No comments: