Monday, June 16, 2008

Long Time, No Sea

Been slacking off on the blog for a bit! I have been in Coney a lot lately though. Two weeks ago I went to Coney to give my talk on growing up at the Coney Island Lighthouse, and it went very well. I had been preparing for that right up until then, so I didn't have much else going on until after that was over. A few days later I went to The Gate in Brooklyn with my cousin Steven to try out the new spin-offs of Coney Island Lager. They came out with three new beers - the Sword Swallower Steel Hop Lager, Albino Python White Lager (brewed with spices), and the Human Blockhead Tough-As-Nails Lager. We liked them all, but the Human Blockhead was our favorite. And they even let us keep some Coney Island Lager beer glasses, even though only half of our beers came in them.

Last weekend I went with my girlfriend Nicole to Lola Staar / Dianna's roller-rink benefit party at Peggy O'Neils, and then we headed to the Burlesque show Lucha Muertes Atomicos #3 at the sideshow. Both were incredibly awesome, and completely different from one another. Jo Boobs performed her fan dance at the benefit party, and Scott Baker was on hand to keep everyone laughing with slightly off-color jokes. And the burlesque show was full of surprises and rowdy entertainment including a masked man with a mysterious mustache (hmmm) who jumped off a ladder onto broken glass...

Also, a special shout-out and "get better soon" message goes out to Angie / Miss Cyclone who is recovering from a softball-related injury. 30 cc's of Brooklyn blackout cake, stat!

No comments: