Sunday, April 20, 2008

Derby Girls Know How to Party

Went to the Gotham Girls Roller Derby season opener at LIU last night, after walking there from Union Square (crossing the bridge was awesome with the nice weather). Being an LIU grad (and mischievous) I decided not to wait on line with the others waiting to get in and just snuck into the campus so I could check out my old stomping ground. Saw the artwork in the LLC building, relaxed outside the Honors Lounge, and sucked up some fresh air while checking out the warm-ups.

Then I headed inside, assisted by Regina Dentata of the GGRD's Manhattan Mayhem, who allowed me to hide behind her as I ninja'd my way in. The Gotham Girls killed both visiting teams, but they get respect for trying. Awesome matches and a great start to the season.

Afterwards a bunch of us partied until the early hours of the morning, and a lot of fun was had by all. Thank you to everyone who made it such an awesome night.

It's a good thing the only thing I had to do today was go have a giant Italian meal with my Brother, his girlfriend Lizzie, and our families. We always joke that when they get married, her side of the church will look like Italy and our side will look like the U.N.

No comments: